First Consultative Forum on the mRNA Vaccines Technology Transfer Hub
3 December 2021
On 9 December 2021, the South Africa’s Department of Science and Innovation convened a multi-stakeholder forum in collaboration with local and international partners.
The session explored progress to date and provided participants with the opportunity to ask questions to the consortium. The session was moderated by Daan du Toit, Deputy Director-General of Science and Innovation.
Introductory remarks by: Dr Sandile Buthelezi, Director-General for the Department of Health, and Mr Buti Manamela, Deputy Minister of Higher Education, Science and Innovation.
The panel discussion included:
- Dr Mmboneni Muofhe, Department of Science and Innovation
- Dr Martin Friede, World Health Organization
- Dr Charles Gore Medicines Patent Pool
- Dr. Nicaise Ndembi, Africa CDC
- Prof. Petro Terblanche, Afrigen
- Dr Alex Sigal, Africa Health Research Institute
- Dr Morena Makhoana, Biovac Dr Glenda Gray, SAMRC