CALL FOR PROPOSALS – IT outsourcing services
All aspects of IT are currently outsourced satisfactorily although after 10 years of collaboration, MPP is doing its due diligence by opening a new competitive bid to ensure a top-quality service with the best value for money.
Presentation of the Foundation Medicines Patent Pool
The Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) is a United Nations-backed public health organisation working to increase access to, and facilitate the development of, life-saving medicines for low- and middle-income countries.
Through its innovative business model, MPP partners with civil society, governments, international organisations, industry, patient groups, and other stakeholders, to prioritise and license needed medicines and pool intellectual property to encourage generic manufacture and the development of new formulations.
To date, MPP has signed agreements with ten patent holders for thirteen HIV antiretrovirals, one HIV technology platform, three hepatitis C direct-acting antivirals and a tuberculosis treatment. MPP was founded by Unitaid, which serves as sole funder for MPP’s activities in HIV, hepatitis C and tuberculosis.
The MPP team is composed of 28 highly qualified professionals located in Geneva Switzerland (24) and in Mumbai India (4). The size of the team is regularly increasing both in Geneva and in Mumbai.
The MPP team is often working remotely and travel extensively.
Current IT structure and services
The current MPP IT equipment consists of:
- Server (backup)
- About 12 Mc books
- About 18 windows laptops (mostly Lenovo)
- Working time control: easyclocking
- Videoconferencing system through Microsoft Teams
All MPP operations are saved on the cloud.
Files sharing is currently managed through Egnyte (could be revised).
All MPP employees use Microsoft Office 365 licences.
Services to be provided
MPP is looking for proposals from experienced IT services companies to provide the following:
- IT Management – Outsourced CTO under the supervision of the CFO – Head of HR
- Regularly liaising with the Office Manager and/or CFO to assess offered services, plan activities and for decision making
- SLA aligned with the market best practice
- Proactive IT strategic, policy and operational advice
- IT compliance
- Advanced asset management
- Liaising, when necessary, with other specific IT providers (web and database developers, ERP administrators etc…)
- IT consulting when required
- IT Support
- Trouble shooting, incl. with teleconference system when required
- On-line support / extended availability for our team in India
- Presence in our Geneva office of an IT consultant to more efficiently support/trouble shoot, conduct training when required and support day-to-day operations (half a day a week)
- Training on existing systems as required (help make the best of what we already have)
MPP is looking for stability and wish to have a dedicated IT consultant to MPP
- IT and security monitoring
- Compliance with the Swiss data protection law and its further development
- Proactive monitoring of threats and IT health (servers, hardware, cyber risks)
- Antivirus and antispyware solutions
- Firewall management and maintenance
- IT backup up and recovery services
- Patch management process aligned with best practices
- MFA management, teams training and increase of awareness
- IT environment maintenance
- Hardware, OS and software maintenance
- Software licences management (Microsoft office 365, files saving system …)
- Administer IT
- Account and email administration
- Network administration, including printer
- Conference system (Microsoft Teams)
- Telecommunication devices and internet services (incl. mobile phone settings /security etc. …)
- IT installation and deinstallation for new and departing employees.
All services and communications must be carried out in English.
This list is not exhaustive and aims to provide an idea of the expected scope. MPP relies on the IT expertise of the outsourcing company to offer the most appropriate services.
Proposals must include:
- Presentation of the company
- Description of similar services provided to other clients
- Services provided and monthly fees in CHF.
- Consulting daily fees on project basis.
The criteria which will be used to review the different offers will be:
- Credentials: level of expertise
- Requirements fulfilment
- Support availability
- Cost effectiveness
Proposals must be sent to email@example.com by October 26th, 2020.
If you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact:
CFO – Head of Human Resources
Tel: 079 325 54 79