Request for proposals – Online platform for database management
To create a visual online platform for dynamic database management.
About the Medicines Patent Pool
The Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) is a United Nations-backed public health organisation working to increase access to, and facilitate the development of, life-saving medicines for low- and middle-income countries.
Through its innovative business model, MPP partners with civil society, governments, international organisations, industry, patient groups and other stakeholders, to prioritise and license needed medicines and pool intellectual property to encourage generic manufacture and the development of new formulations.
To date, MPP has signed agreements with eleven patent holders for thirteen HIV antiretrovirals, one HIV technology platform, three hepatitis C direct-acting antivirals, a tuberculosis treatment, a long-acting technology and an experimental oral antiviral treatment for COVID-19. In 2020, MPP’s mandate was temporarily expanded to include COVID-19 treatments. In 2021 it was expanded further to include the licensing of technology with an initial focus on COVID-19 vaccines and pandemic preparedness.
MPP was founded by Unitaid, which continues to be MPP’s main funder. MPP’s work on access to essential medicines is also funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). MPP’s activities in COVID-19 are undertaken with the financial support of the Japanese Government and SDC.
Recently, MPP commissioned a study which resulted in a static database of public company profiles.
As next steps, we seek a consultant to build a visual and dynamic platform that would allow us to navigate and access these public company profiles. Below are the preliminary features of the platform:
- The platform would serve as a search tool to filter through the database of profiles
- The filter criteria (& sub-criteria) would be agreed post consultation with MPP- geography, product class, technology, therapy etc.
- The platform should be a live tool, i.e., it should allow users to update any information related to the profiles
- It should be linked with MPP’s EoI portal and MPP’s internal CRM software. The platform should also allow any future integration with any other MPP’s in-house tools
- It should generate some default as well as customisable reports
- The platform should have visualisations- maps, graphs, charts etc. While it should have in-built templates, it should also allow the user to customise and develop their own visualisations
- It should have an in-built log to track changes made to the platform. It should also allow users to subscribe to notifications regarding any company updates
- It should allow different levels of user accessibility – read only access & write access
At the end of the project, we expect a fully functional online platform which would allow us to search, filter and extract profiles based on mutually agreed criteria. The platform should be linked to other MPP tools and allow the user to update the profiles on a regular basis.
The platform should come with specific user instructions and trouble-shooting guide.
- Last date to receive quotes- 15th November 2021
- Kick-off meeting- 15th December 2021
- Prototype demonstration- 31st January 2022
- Final platform delivery- 28th February 2022
Submission of Proposal:
The proposal should contain the following:
- Profile of the consultant, including details about experience in similar projects
- Project methodology with tentative schedule
- Proposed quote for the project
All proposals should be submitted by email to Meghmala Das, Business Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject RFP: Online platform. Please feel free to write to us in case any additional information or clarification is required. Please note that MPP may decide to extend the period to receive proposals, if deemed necessary by MPP.