Call for applications – Human Resources Manager
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Working time: 80% – 100%
The Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) is a United Nations-backed public health organisation working to increase access to, and facilitate the development of, life-saving medicines for low- and middle-income countries. Through its innovative business model, MPP partners with civil society, governments, international organisations, industry, patient groups, and other stakeholders, to prioritise and license needed medicines and pool intellectual property to encourage generic manufacture and the development of new formulations.
To date, MPP has signed agreements with 15 patent holders for 13 HIV antiretrovirals, one HIV technology platform, three hepatitis C direct-acting antivirals, a tuberculosis treatment, two long-acting technologies, two experimental oral antiviral treatments for COVID-19 and a COVID-19 serological antibody diagnostic test.
MPP was founded by Unitaid, which continues to be MPP’s main funder. MPP’s work on access to essential medicines is also funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). MPP’s activities in COVID-19 are undertaken with the financial support of the Japanese Government, the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, and SDC.
The Human Resources Manager will oversee all the HR matters of the organisation’s multicultural team of approx. 45 FTEs. His/her primary role will be to ensure that MPP remains a great place to work and monitor the well-being of the team.
The position reports to the Head of Operations and Resources.
Strategy and leadership:
- Ensure the well-being of the team and develop a motivating and stimulating work environment.
- Develop the policies and procedures in collaboration with the Head of Operations and Resources.
- Provide the HR metrics and prepare analytical and insightful reports to assist management and the Governance bodies.
- Manage & control the recruitment and selection process in an international context.
- Develop standard processes to support management in interviewing and selection.
- Manage the new team member on-boarding (establishment of contracts and job descriptions, affiliation to the social security, work permit applications, etc.)
- Oversee the full team members life cycle, including development, conflict management and payroll management through Swisssalary, departures…
- Ensure the smooth administrative operations liaising with social insurances and all relevant authorities.
- Possess and apply a thorough understanding of employment law particularly in relation to employment contracts, terms and conditions, discrimination, fair dismissal, grievances etc.
- Coordinate the semi-annual and annual appraisals and ensure they are implemented effectively throughout the organisation so that employee benefit from goal setting, continuous feedback, and a focus on their own development.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Keep up to date with market salaries and benefits program to support with benchmarking for existing and new roles.
- Create and build a culture of recognition and non-financial reward
Legal and compliance:
- Ensure all processes and activities comply with local legal requirements staying abreast of updates in employment legislation and best practice.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Operations and Resources or the Executive Director.
The Human Resources Manager should have:
- Proven experience as a HR generalist in a multicultural environment.
- Sound knowledge of HR management in Switzerland.
- Knowledge of an HRIS system, Swisssalary a strong asset.
- Good understanding of labor laws and regulations.
- Organised, autonomous and able to work with short timelines and new operational areas.
- Customer oriented and sense of confidentiality.
- Collaborative and supportive approach to teamwork.
- Sensitivity to different cultures and work styles.
- Demonstrable personal commitment to the public health goals of the MPP.
Education and special training:
- Human resources degree.
Experience (length and nature):
- At least 8 years of relevant experience
Use of Languages:
- Native-level fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Oral and written proficiency in another official UN language is an advantage.
MPP respects all individuals regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
To flourish in our team, you must recognise yourself in our values: Respect, Courage, Generosity and Commitment.
Place of Work
This post is based in Geneva, Switzerland.
Suitable candidates are requested to send a C.V. along with a cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “HR Manager” as reference in the subject line.
Deadline for applying is 6 May 2022.