Location: Mumbai – Andheri East, Maharashtra, India.
The Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) is a United Nations-backed public health organisation working to increase access to, and facilitate the development of, life-saving medicines for low- and middle-income countries. Through its innovative business model, MPP partners with civil society, governments, international organisations, industry, patient groups and other stakeholders, to prioritise and license needed medicines and pool intellectual property to encourage generic manufacture and the development of new formulations. To date, MPP has signed agreements with ten patent holders for thirteen HIV antiretrovirals, one HIV technology platform, three hepatitis C direct-acting antivirals and a tuberculosis treatment. MPP was founded by Unitaid, which continues to be MPP’s main funder. MPP’s work on access to essential medicines is also funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
The Office assistant will provide administrative support and will ensure the smooth running of the Indian Office under the supervision of the Business Development Manager – Head of Indian Operations.
- Screening and receiving visitors and telephone calls, making appointments, and answering queries and/or redirecting visitors and callers.
- Maintaining and ensuring that the team filing system is updated in a timely manner, ensuring that all technical documents are available, controlling access to confidential documents, and obtaining relevant documents as required.
- Organising official travels for the team in India (arrange for reservations, bookings etc.).
- Liaising with the Finance Direction in Geneva to maintain proper administrative and financial processes of the Liaison Office.
- Liaise with suppliers of the office to ensure good delivery of services.
- Provide administrative support to other senior staff as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The Office Assistant should be proficient in the use of modern office technology through on-the-job training or self-training.
Education and special training:
Secretarial or commercial or administrative training.
Proficiency in the use standard office software such as MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Internet applications etc.
Experience (length and nature):
A minimum of 3 years of relevant practical work experience. Experience in administrative support positions is an asset in order to have a sound knowledge of procedures and practices.
Use of Languages:
Fluency in English is required for this position.
MPP’s richness lies in its staff: a small dynamic and multicultural team!
To flourish in our team, you must recognise yourself in our values: Respect, Courage, Teamwork and Commitment.
MPP respects all individuals regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, HIV status or disability. All qualified applications are welcome.
If you recognise yourself in this description and wish to join our outstanding team, please send a cover letter and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org including “Office Assistant” as reference in the subject line by 28 July 2021.