Alliance Manager India
Location: Mumbai – Andheri East, Maharashtra, India, with frequent travels up to 25% of the working time.
The Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) is a United Nations-backed public health organisation working to increase access to, and facilitate the development of, life-saving medicines for low- and middle-income countries. Through its innovative business model, MPP partners with civil society, governments, international organisations, industry, patient groups and other stakeholders, to prioritise and license needed medicines and pool intellectual property to encourage generic manufacture and the development of new formulations. To date, MPP has signed agreements with ten patent holders for thirteen HIV antiretrovirals, one HIV technology platform, three hepatitis C direct-acting antivirals and a tuberculosis treatment. MPP was founded by Unitaid, which continues to be MPP’s main funder. MPP’s work on access to essential medicines is also funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
The Alliance Manager works under the supervision of the Business Development Manager (BDM) – Head of Indian operations as part of a dynamic and international team to play a key role in strengthening the function’s operational and compliance capabilities.
- Manage alliances with Generic Manufacturers (Licensees), ensuring the fulfilment of contractual obligations and maintenance of positive relationships:
- Be the SPOC for external partners to optimally manage and reinforce the relationship between MPP and its Licensees.
- Maintain a proactive approach in dealing with licensees with a focus on increasing access to licensed products in the licensed territory.
- Together with the MPP Technical and Regulatory Manager, provide support to Licensees to facilitate product development and registrations in the licensed territory and envisage the impact on market access.
- Consolidate quarterly data from licensees followed by preparation and distribution of quarterly reports within the Alliance Management team.
- Monitor and analyse post-licensing progress of licensees from product development to commercialisation in the licensed territory. Support the pharmacovigilance reporting to MPP licensors.
- Ensure efficiency and clarity of interactions through management of quarterly review meetings and appropriate internal MPP governance.
- Enable a lean collaborative framework to maximise mutual benefit.
- Drive identification of any new business development opportunity between MPP and external partners to leverage the existing relationship.
- Serve as a key internal expert on product development and regulatory filings:
- Accountable for managing MPP’s licensed products portfolio.
- Engage key MPP and Licensees stakeholders to ensure fulfilment of contractual obligations.
- Act as a focal point for sharing knowledge on generic product development landscape and national registrations.
- Engage regularly with BD Scientific Manager to stay abreast on the latest scientific updates and regulatory guidelines within the scope of MPP.
- Proactively obtain, analyse, and share industry intelligence within the Alliance Management team.
- Analyse market forecasts of licensed and potential candidates in the licensed territory and get inputs from licensees on such information, followed by internal dissemination.
- Identify gaps in effective coverage of licensed products and coordinate with licensees to encourage product registrations in such countries.
- Participate in the semi-annual progress reports for MPP’s Governance Board and Funders.
- Attend external meetings relevant to responsibilities and functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of India Office and/or Head of Alliance Management.
- Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical product development and regulatory filings process is required
- Alliance Management experience would be a plus
- Strong project management skills.
Education and special training:
Advanced university degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D.), preferably in a relevant scientific field.
Experience (length and nature):
- 5-10 years of experience in managing external partnerships within the pharmaceutical sector.
- International client management experience will be considered as a strong asset.
Use of Languages:
Native-level fluency in English is required.
MPP’s richness lies in its staff: a small dynamic and multicultural team!
To flourish in our team, you must recognise yourself in our values: Respect, Courage, Teamwork and Commitment.
Moreover, the Alliance Manager will need to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Organised, autonomous, and able to work within short timelines and new areas
- Meticulous and excellent attention to details
- Quick learner
- A collaborative and supportive approach to teamwork
- Ability to work with relatively senior and more experienced people especially those outside the direct sphere of influence
- Easily adaptable to different cultures and work styles
- Friendly personality
MPP respects all individuals regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, HIV status or disability. All qualified applications are welcome.
If you recognise yourself in this description and wish to join our outstanding team, please send a cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com including “Alliance Manager India” as reference in the subject line by 23 July 2021.